The bite of the economic climate hasn’t cooled the desire of many to make the classic American-style fridge freezer the focal point of their kitchens. There is something undeniably charismatic about the magical combination of big and beautiful, especially when style and functionality dovetail to produce the perfect appliance.
The word ‘elegant’ comes to mind at first sight of Maytag’s capacious new Glass Line model, the MSS 20 CG114 fridge freezer, with its sophisticated mix of black glass and stainless steel door panels and sides. The model is the perfect showcase for any contemporary kitchen, but it doesn’t just trade on its appearance. Its advanced technology and many thoughtful and practical features are designed to make life easy for the user.
This powerful fridge freezer is driven by Maytag’s IntelliSense technology system, which restores the inner temperature five times faster than the norm after the door has been opened, keeping food fresher for longer.
The attention to detail and the maximisation of available space is immediately evident from the ice maker located in the freezer door, which frees up to 20% more space in the freezer. The totally frost free model has full electronic controls, multi-zone cooling, an integrated water filter and detachable ice container.
Space, as one would expect, is plentiful, with a total net capacity of 505 litres (325 litres for the fridge and 180 litres for the freezer). Yet the mighty MSS 20 CG114 is no energy guzzler of the old school. It carries an excellent ‘A+’ energy class rating and an impressively low noise level of just 45 dB(A).
Caroline Guillermard, Product Marketing Manager, Premium, believes the timing couldn’t be better for products of Maytag’s excellent style and quality and remarks: “The renaissance of open plan living has led to a dramatic change in the design of kitchen appliances. With the trend for home entertaining and the living spaces of the home merging, the task of appliances has never been more demanding or important. Advanced functionality is essential, as is the ability to blend and harmonise in the flexible living space of the home. People today want appliances that are inviting and beautiful to look at.
“Designers and kitchen specialists can achieve this with Maytag’s new cooling appliances, which offer everything that is required in terms of style, features and flexibility.”
· A+ energy rating for energy savings of 25% above an ‘A’ rated model and 45% above a B rated model
· Electronic ‘IntelliSense’ technology for restoring temperature five times faster than usual after the door has been opened.
· Full electronic controls and new intuitive user interface for feedback
· Totally frost free for maintenance-free operation and superior food preservation
· Multi-zone cooling with adjustable humidity controlled crisper drawer for fruit and produce.
· Adjustable zero degree drawer for the preservation of meat and fish
· In-door filtered cubed/crushed ice that releases 20% more usable freezer space
· Detachable ice container for replenishing drinks at the table or in the garden
· Integrated water filter removes 99.9% of impurities for healthier water and ice
· Illuminated dispenser which automatically turns off after use
· Multi-flow air distribution system for efficient temperature distribution
· Microban® anti-bacterial filter system with charge indicator to maximise hygiene and safety. Traps airborne micro-organisms and protects from mould growth, mildew and smells
· Low noise level of just 45 dB(A)
· Dimensions H x W x D: 1805 x 906 x 748 mm